Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Month in the Life...

"Oh man I was gonna post something today."
"Oooh I really want to blog about that."

Those are just a couple of the lines that have gone through my head in the last month. Well, here I am. Better late than never. Life is grand, but also hectic...especially with an infant. Mitch will be 5 months old next week. Amazing. He's soooo big. Right before we were about to go shopping at Target for some bigger clothes, we decided to check the "too big" stuff we already had at home...and ended up shopping at home :) Almost everything we had will now fit him or will soon. We're ridiculous for almost buying more clothes. Anyway, I have been saving up blog topics, and in fact jotted them down (okay, typed into my Treo) so here they are. Now that I think about it, they aren't that interesting. But, they make up the general contents of my life in the last month.

The first thing is a hilarious situation my new little family found itself in several weeks ago. Ted was holding the baby in the sling we have (fabric thing that slings around you kinda like a messenger bag, but the baby is the bag and is in the front) and we heard a very unpleasant "bathroom" sound. We decided to delude ourselves for a little while and say that it was just sound and no substance. Bad idea. It was all substance. As we realized after bringing the baby upstairs, it was essentially liquid poop. I won't go into too much more detail, but suffice it to say, he was absolutely covered to the point where we had to cut off his clothing. Yes, we cut the clothing off of the child. Ted had to cover his nose with his shirt while I used umpteen wipes to clean the baby. We then gave him a bath. It was gross, but hilarious. The baby didn't really think so, though. He cried the whole time.

We also went to visit my parents at the beach...twice. The first weekend was ruined (in my, new mom, obsessed with documenting my first child, eyes) because we forgot half of his cute little outfit that I wanted to capture on video. Hey, the kid needed a hat to protect from the sun, too! Without it, disaster :) So, I got over it and it was still fun because I got to see my older sister and she got to see Mitch, but we came back the next weekend, outfit in tow. It was fun and I got to see my little sister this time. We took video and pictures and all was well. Disaster averted.

Now on to more somber news. I'm pissed because I got my period back. That's ideally not supposed to happen as long as you're nursing, but it does happen. And it did. And to top it off, it started the very day that I gloated to my coworkers at lunch that I didn't have it. Oh well, a few months of bliss is better than none.

Last but not least, I wanted to mention Michael Vick and the dogfighting charges he's come upon. Well, I had a whole rant or something, but the story has lost its appeal to me at this point, so I'll spare any readers my point of view. Let's just say that I'm glad Michael Vick hasn't been a total ignorant ass about being caught doing something horrible and I hope the situation has informed other people who are truly ignorant of this crime.

And, sorta like evolver, let's see if I can keep up with my blogging :)

No comments: