Sunday, December 10, 2006

Can't afford them, kill them!

So, this is a late post. But, I sent the article to myself so I wouldn't forget. I need to do that more often because I frequently see things throughout the day that I want to mention here, but I'm so busy that I forget.

Anyway, the article I originally saw on Yahoo! isn't there, but I found it still up elsewhere. It's about these rare lions that were poisoned in an Ethiopian zoo because the zoo couldn't afford to keep them. Apparently, this is normal practice for that zoo. According to this article, the zoo administrator actually said "We can send them to the forest and to some governmental palaces but most of the time we send them to the taxidermists".

I obviously do not know about, understand, or even fathom the lives of people in other countries not like the US because the US is so freakin' cut off from everyone else, but I find this practice really sad. Especially because I know there are so many organizations that would probably be willing to take in these lions rather than see them poisoned and sold. I watch a lot of animal shows on television, so I know this to be true. 'Cause ya know, television tells you everything you need to know about the world :) Oh well, its the best I can do...

No comments: