Tuesday, October 23, 2007

McFunny

So, I was at the McDonald's website today. Why, you ask? Well, I've become a little obsessed with their nteenth round of Monopoly lately. It all started with a radio commercial. I never used to eat McDonald's. I stayed away from it after I worked there one summer about 10 years ago, not because I worked there, but because I don't really like the food (with the exception of the fries)...the food never seems fresh (at least Wendy's seems fresh even if it isn't). Anyway, I heard on the radio several months ago that McDonald's was now serving sweet tea for a buck. Well, it was a really hot day, and I was right near it because it's near the daycare. So, on that whim, I rolled up and bought my $1 sweet tea. It comes in a large cup and it is soooooo good. Ever since, I've been getting it a lot. And from other places, too (Wendy's has it now). It then blossomed into getting a little breakfast food and after all the Monopoly sticker thingys I've gotten, we're now going slightly out of our way to get more.

So, I'm looking at the menu online to see what I want. Well, let me just say that there must be a 21 year old running that place. The website is very new and hip looking. There's all these sound effects and what not. And even podcasts. Are you kidding? Who wants to listen to a McDonald's podcast? But, anyway, the best part of the website I've seen so far is when you go to check out what's on the dollar menu. The scene on the page is a hippie looking dude sitting in a room with stuff all over. First, he introduces you to the page. You can mouse over the stuff to see more as well as look at the menu. But, all the while, he's talking...random, "I'm a loser" sounding stuff, like wondering aloud what he should do that weekend (for example, stock up on carpet samples for his place). He just goes on and on. Funny stuff.

No comments: