Thursday, October 18, 2007

Open Mouths Closed

So, apparently we're in the "I should have kept my mouth shut" days right now.

First, today I hear about President Bush scaring everybody by saying that if people don't get on Iran's case more, we could be inviting World War III. Dude, lay off it and prepare to exit office. You're not helping right now.

Then, I hear about this renowned scientist who busted out some super racist, unfounded and just plain idiotic remarks...and then somehow was baffled by his own remarks. What?? Reminds me of Don Imus and the nappy headed hoes. Reminds me of Michael Richards and his comedy club rant. I love that people say things that are messed up and then agree they were completely untrue and wrong. I find that sad. I guess I'm not really trying to judge. Because I've said things that I had to think about first, but then after saying it realized I really didn't come to the right decision and should not have said it. But, I don't think its been anything egregious. And it just seems to be happening a lot lately and I'm annoyed by it. Just when you think we've progressed as a society, someone mucks it up and reminds us that we have a long way to go.

And we have so many priorities backwards, too. It's random, but I was just discussing Britney Spears with someone and how she's become so utterly ridiculous that its almost like its fiction. You're gonna tell me that a loving gay couple has to jump through all sorts of hoops to adopt and take care of a child that has been orphaned, but Britney Spears doesn't have to do anything to become a mother and screw it all up? As my friend would say, people should be required to take a test before having children. End rant.

No comments: