Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year's Resolution

I started this post on Dec. 28th. I thought I'd get ahead of the game. Be able to post it before new year or on New Year's Day. But, alas, it didn't happen. And here I am on the 6th of January posting it. Anyway, it has lost some of its luster or associated excitement, but I'm posting it anyway with my ending added. Happy New Year!

So, I've never really taken new year's resolutions seriously. And even if I sorta made one, I was like 95% making it. This time, I have one that I really want to do. Not necessarily because it is the new year. But, because it is the right time for me and it happens to coincide with the new year. I was very recently reacquainted with a school of thought / philosophy that I had been interested in. As I take up this thinking once again, I plan to be positive in the new year. Not that I will always be successful, but I will at least make a distinct effort to be consciously aware of my thoughts, feelings, and actions. Hopefully this will lead to good things in my life and will spill over as a positive effect on those I come in contact with on a daily basis.

No comments: