Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ayo Technology the Sequel

So, after this long without blogging about anything, the thing that really gets me off of the couch and onto the computer is a silly comment by my husband that there's "nothing really special" about the Samsung Alias: the bomb-ass new cell phone that we both got recently. Yes, I traded in my trusty Treo for a flip phone. But, not just any flip phone, no...in fact, the one thing that is extremely special about the phone is that it flips both ways! Both "portrait" like typical phones for talking, and also "landscape" for texting. The keyboard looks a little funny because the numbers are sideways in landscape mode and there are a bunch of letters all over the place in portrait mode, but its very easy to get used to. If that's not special, I don't know what is. It's taking some getting used to, but the buttons were the easiest transition for my texting that I could find after trying and immediately hating other Verizon phones like the enV and Glyde. Those who cannot appreciate new technology do not deserve to own it :) You must exude a certain level of awe for these sorts of things...a certain level of overeagerness to obtain them...a certain level of unnecessary loyalty to the piece of tech for as long as it is convenient. After years of watching me get cool gadget after cool gadget, my husband joins in claiming that he never gets cool tech stuff. And when he does...blasphemy. Okay, that's a little dramatic, not quite blasphemy, but ridicularity (one of the new favorite made up words I've cycled through lately).

That's all for now. Though I may write something about the election if I feel like ranting. PS, our new Verizon service is way more bang for our buck than AT&T.

No comments: