Sunday, January 27, 2008

Viva Obama No More

So, I'm kinda disappointed. Up until now, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the presidential race activities. I know that I will vote Democrat. In general, I agree with the overall agenda to further "social causes" regardless of how difficult or unrealistic that may be. I feel it is the right thing to do. Therefore, I will always vote Democrat. However, the specific candidate to endorse? That's a whole other question. Since, I am not tyring to research the hell out of each of their websites or constantly watch television trying to figure out what the differences are in their campaigns, I instead turned to the Washington Post. I took a little quiz on there (well, not little, it was quite robust). It was called Choose Your Candidate. I thought it was pretty comprehensive...many issues covered where you choose which stance you agree with most. The expanded views could be quite long and it took me at least an hour to do the whole thing. I think it defaults to hide the person you are agreeing with. So, as I went along, I could see that I clearly supported one candidate's stance over the other two (between Obama, Hillary, and John Edwards). Isn't it nice that Hillary is on a first name basis with the country? Anyway, I thought for sure that my choices were leading me to agree with Hillary more. I thought this because one of the stances I thought for sure was hers. I was all set to abandon my leaning towards Obama in favor of Hillary. But, low and behold, all along the stance I was choosing over the other two belonged to John Edwards!!! I was shocked and dismayed. Why? Because I don't like John Edwards. Not really for any good reason, he just gives me a bad vibe. I've been told otherwise, that he is really nice, etc. But, whatever, I feel what I feel. Also, I feel like he is really politician-y and I'm sick of hearing about his childhood. And I'm pissed about how the 2004 Democratic campaign went (they thought they could win the country over with intelligence). But, now what am I gonna do? Assuming the Washington Post did good research and didn't put out a bogus quiz thingy, I'm all for John Edwards. I can't deny it. I'm not sure I have the energy to further pursue the issue. But, I certainly will be paying a lot more attention to what John Edwards says. It's just unfortunate that he probably won't win the candidacy. He's like the third wheel right now. And just when I was starting to like him...

No comments: